Village Bible Church currently supports seven organizations in the Hot Springs area to help men, women, and children in crisis with our funding and direct involvement. We also share the gospel of Jesus Christ and help grow the Christian faith in the youth of our community.
Helping Women and Families in Crisis
Change Point Center has been helping families and single parents for over 30 years. They provide free pregnancy testing, ultrasounds, education on fetal development, referrals to health care agencies, parenting programs and classes, fatherhood program and classes, supervise parental court ordered visitation, domestic violence classes, and Biblically-Faith based classes to help a parent accomplish positive, loving, and solution solving parenting skills.
Change Point Center helps Women in Need that are in crisis. Whether they are helping a pregnant woman to make the decision to give birth to an unborn child, or teaching mothers/fathers how to best care for their families, they are there to help. Change Point Center has been helping families and single parents for over 30 years. They provide free pregnancy testing, ultrasounds, education on fetal development, referrals to health care agencies, parenting programs and classes, fatherhood programs and classes, supervision of parental court-ordered visitation, domestic violence classes, and biblically-faith based classes to help a parent accomplish positive, loving, and solution solving parenting skills.
Why VBC supports them:
VBC wants to help women in need during their pregnancy as we actively support their mission to help stop abortions and give women hope, not crisis.
Our W.IN.G.S. ministry group at VBC makes layettes for over 150 women in crisis each year. Buntings, burp towels, bibs, binky holders, receiving blankets and a diaper bag for each woman going through their program. For many of these women, we are directly helping them with their decision to NOT ABORT one of God’s children.
VBC is involved with Change Point Center both from a group perspective (W.IN.G.S) and supporting them financially. To date, we have made well over 300 diaper bags, receiving blankets, bibs, buntings, binkies and textile toys for babies. Come get involved with us as we help women in need during their pregnancy. Help us help them and avoid abortions.
1. JoAnn asks us to continue to pray for the women and families to whom they minister.
2. Also, pray for the health and stamina of their staff and pray that the Lord will send volunteers to fill the needs of the ministry.
Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA)
Reaching Coaches, Teams & Athletes for Jesus Christ
Vision – To see the world transformed by Jesus Christ through the influence of coaches and athletes
Mission – To lead every coach and athlete into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and His Church
Fellowship of Christian Athletes in Arkansas pursues their vision and mission through a strategy of, to and through the coaches in our surrounding schools. They seek to ministry first to coaches hearts, marriages and families. Then, then when ready, they minister through coaches to their fellow coaches, teams and athlete leaders.
VBC believes that we must be involved in engaging, equipping and empowering young men and women to help lead them to a relationship with Jesus Christ to become role models and leaders. VBC has supported over 230 scholarships to athletes in our local area, equipping them to learn more about Jesus Christ and to equip them to share Jesus Christ with fellow Athletes. Building Christian Leaders one athlete and coach at a time.
In 2019, VBC has given 100+ FCA Scholarships to local athletes.
1. Pray for the students who attended the FCA camps this past June. Pray that the hearts that were softened to the Lord will yield to Him, and that the students who accepted Christ as their Savior will continue to grow closer to Him in their walk.
2. Pray for those students who attended "Fields of Faith" which was held on October 9, 2019. Pray for those students who were ministered to by other students. Pray for the students who committed their lives to Christ. Pray that they will follow the Holy Spirit as he leads and teaches them.
Garland County Jail Ministries
Changing lives one life at a time with the love, word and witness of Christ Jesus
Providing inmates and their families with a Christ-centered ministry through Christian education, discipleship training, and pastoral care that leads to physical, spiritual and emotional growth through a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ. They are changing lives one life at a time with the love, word and witness of Christ Jesus.
Garland County Jail Ministries, Inc (GCJMI) is a ministry to the Garland County Sheriff's Department, Deputies, Detainees and their Families. GCJM was established in 1991. Our purpose is to provide inmates and their families a Christ-centered ministry through Christian Education, discipleship training, and pastoral care leading toward physical, spiritual and emotional growth through a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.
Department of Justice statistics reveal that within three years of their release from prison, 63% of inmates had been re-arrested on felony charges for serious misdemeanors. Now is the church's golden opportunity to change inmate's criminal behavior by using volunteers to share God's love and redemptive grace.
The Chaplain provides one-on-one counseling to men, women and juveniles who are incarcerated at the Detention Center and acts as a liaison between the Sheriff's Office, churches and other civic organizations.
The Chaplain also oversees religious activities at the Detention Center, recruits and trains volunteers, coordinates pastoral visits and is in charge of bringing death notifications to detainees.
1. Pray for the men, women, and juveniles who are being held in the detention center. While many are there because of their own poor choices, he asks us to join with him in showing compassion toward them.
2. Pray that this pain will turn them toward their heavenly Father who is waiting for them to come to Him. 300 inmates in Garland County Detention have made confessions of faith this year.
3. Pray that they will continue on in their faith journey to draw close to the Lord and that when they are released that they will become actively involved in a church fellowship that will receive them with open arms and disciple them.
The Witness Productions, Inc.
Sharing the Gospel through music and theater
The Witness is Arkansas’ musical passion play which tells of the life and ministry of Jesus Christ as witnessed by the apostle Peter through music and song. It offers spiritual and inspirational religious and family entertainment. See the gospel come to life as the Apostle Peter tells the story of the miraculous events he has seen!
Witness Productions is a Christian organization in Hot Springs, AR that produces the musical production "The Witness" based on the musical drama written by Jim and Carol Owens. This is a musical production that was originally designed as a show that could be carried around the world and presented even in countries where Christian churches and missions were prohibited. In '78 the show was presented extensively in various areas in Europe with Barry McGuire in the lead role of Peter.
The Witness is Arkansas' musical passion play which tells of the life and ministry of Jesus Christ as witnessed by the apostle Peter through music and song. It offers spiritual and inspirational religious and family entertainment. See the gospel come to life as the Apostle Peter tells the story of the miraculous events he has seen!
The Witness has been produced in Hot Springs Arkansas each Summer since 1981. Until 1985 it was sponsored a local church and presented as a traveling show in schools, churches and prisons around the area. From a single church sponsor in 1981 it has grown and now has a cast representing over 40 area churches and Christian groups. From 1985 through 2013 it was presented as a live outdoor performance each weekend Summer through early Fall in Hot Springs, AR. The 2014 production of The Witness has returned to its roots as a traveling show as was done in the early seasons. The current production, although based on the original musical, has a number of additional songs and dramatic scenes that are unique to this production.
The Witness will be traveling around the state to carry the message of Jesus Christ to Community Theaters, Prisons, Schools, Convention Centers and other venues across the state in 2014. Make your plans to see The Witness this year as it appears in a location near you and receive a special blessing from the ageless story of the birth, life, and ministry of Jesus Christ. If you would like to see The Witness presented in your community, contact us for details and booking information.
1. Judy has shared with us that she is presently attempting to coordinate Witness production dates with three different prisons and with the youth teen challenge program in Morrow. Pray that the details and schedules will come together so that dates can be set and the Gospel can be presented to them in a way that touches and changes hearts and lives.
2. Pray for the health for those involved and for God’s arranging of all specifics that have to work out in transporting and presenting a production of this size in a prison environment. Pray that hearts will be softened and touched by the message of Christ’s love for them and for His provision for them and for us.
Helping Women & Children in Crisis
Potter's Clay Ministries, Inc. was founded in 1984 as an outreach to women and children in crisis. They provide food, clothing, and shelter to women in crisis. These women are typically in a program where their children come and stay with them on the weekends or full time as they undergo counseling and training.
Potter's Clay Ministries, Inc. was founded in 1984 as an outreach to women and children in crisis. Mike Brakebill is the Executive Director of Potter's Clay. He has worked for here for 24 years. His wife, Diana, has worked at Potter's Clay for a total of 15 years as an Office Manager and a Housemother. Potter’s Clay accepts no state or federal funding to fund our facility. Therefore, they depend on support from churches like Village Bible Church, organizations, and individuals.
They provide food, clothing, and shelter to our clients. Most importantly, they present the Gospel of Jesus Christ as the answer to all of life's problems.
Within their program, our clients participate in Christian based classes including:
- Encountering Jesus
- Christian Growth
- Anger Management
- Christian Counseling
- Their clients also attend church twice a week where they experience fellowship with the Body of Christ.
Village Bible Church has actively been supporting Potter’s Clay through giving and through the work by our W.IN.G.S Small Group. This group of women and men use their sewing skills to make a wide variety of items needed by Potter’s Clay. These include small dresses for the children & mothers in crisis. We recently held a Tea Party at Change Point where many of the children held a fashion show wearing the dresses the W.IN.G.S Small Group produced.
1. Pray for the young women who are graduating from the Potter’s Clay program. Pray that they will continue to make choices that will honor and glorify God with their lives. Pray for Christians to come around them and support them spiritually as they go out into the community to continue on to the next step in their journeys.
2. Pray for their finances. They report that the thrift store is doing well, but they hope to hear from more people here in the Village who will use their pick- up service to transport furniture and items they no longer need.
Race Track Chaplaincy
Ministering to the horse racing industry at Oaklawn in Hot Springs, Arkansas
The overall mission of the Arkansas Racetrack Chaplaincy (ARTC), through its council, chaplains, and voluteers is to make disciples for Jesus Christ through teaching, preaching and ministering to the spiritual, emotional, physical, social, and educational need of those persons involved in all aspects of the racing industry. The goal of ARTC is to bring God's grace and salvation to the people of the horse racing industry so they many accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. With faith, hope and love of our Lord, passion for racing, and the love of the horses, we unite together as one.
1. Pray for stamina and strength for both Rich and Robi as they minister to the people they love so dearly. They are already having some trainers at chapel that have not come before and that is exciting.
2. Pray for the safety of the horsemen and women as they travel from one track to another. Pray especially for those who are battling addictions. No one sets out to be an addict. Pray that they will make the decision to turn away from the desires that are controlling their lives and look to God who is able to deliver them from this bondage.
Educating men 18 and older with life-controlling problems with a Biblically sound program.
Adult & Teen Challenge of Arkansas is in Hot Springs. We provide a Christian discipleship program with the goal to help men who struggle with life-controlling issues such as addiction. We offer educational programs that are Biblically sound and highly structured. We are:
- a faith-based Christian disciple ship program
- an adult facility assisting males ages 18 and older
- non-medical and non-clinical
- a completely voluntary program
- a minimum 15-month program
- a 15-month program - 5+ months in Hot Springs, Arkansas and 10 months in the 2nd phase of the program in Cape Girardeau, MO
1. Pray for the men in our program that they will recognize their need to experience God’s mercy and grace and the transformational power of Jesus Christ in their lives. Pray that they then they then will take the necessary steps to study the Bible and to worship and then apply this knowledge and this power to their lives as they learn to: forgive and to ask for forgiveness; to draw close to the Father; and to follow Christ as they learn to serve others.
2. Some of the men in the program have been controlled by a deep darkness for many years. They now have the space to give 56 men with life controlling problems the time and opportunity to experience God’s healing power in their lives. Pray that they will come.